You like me, you really, really like me! At least Charity Gaspar from http://www.lifeaftermykids.com/ does! She nominated me for a Liebster Award! I am psyched, because it gives me a blog topic and I have never been nominated for anything! THANK you so very much Charity!
So when you get a Liebster Award there are some rules. You have to give 11 random facts about yourself. You have to answer 11 questions, posed by the person who nominated you. (In my case by Charity Gaspar at http://www.lifeaftermykids.com/) and you have to nominate 11 of your favorite bloggers then ask them 11 questions. Capisci? Here we go.
11 Random Facts
- I am 4’11and 3/4”
- I can never decide what my favorite color is.
- I can put my left leg behind my head.
- I was a gymnast for 13 years.
- I want to be an actress someday.
- I love to swing (on a swing set.... not in the sex way.... not that there is anything wrong with that.... I mean if that is what you are into..... Personally I couldn’t be bothered with all that.... I can barely satisfy myself and The Hub, let alone others....It kinda skeeves me to think about others.... I don’t mean that in a bad way..... Ok.)
- I believe in spirits/ghosts/communication from beyond.
- I love to read.
- I climbed a 350ft rock.
- I love 70s Funk
- I once worked for a Dr. named Dr. Ruth. I used to snicker every time I answered the phone and said, “Dr. Ruth’s office, How may I help you?”
Here are the 11 Questions posed by Charity of www.lifeaftermykids.com
- Favorite way to relax? Reading, yoga, sleeping in my car....
- What would you do with a million dollars? I would set up my kids with education and savings, pay off my house, pay off friends/family members houses. I would give a bunch to ModestNeeds.org, women’s shelters, to help victims of childhood abuse. I would get my basement finished also add on a porch and 3 season room. I would buy a place near my brother in Hawaii and a place in Italy, Oh and a place in Ocean City NJ.
- Movies, Books or TV? yes in the order of Books, Movies then TV
- What is your favorite movie, book or tv show (related to above answer)? Books: there are just too many, but the ones that stand out, are Beloved - Toni Morrison, Song of Solomon - Toni Morrison, The Color Purple - Alice Walker, Memnoch the Devil - Anne Rice, The Vampire Lestat - Anne Rice, The Witching Hour series - Anne Rice, The Other Bolyn Girl - Phillipa Gregory, What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day - Pearl Cleage, Mary, Called Magdalene - Margaret George, Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte, The Handmaid’s Tail - Margaret Attwood..... OK there are just too many.... I like to read.
Movies: I can’t even BEGIN, because I like movies too.... So I will give you one, Young Frankenstein.
TV: Arrested Development, Mad Men, Modern Family, 30 Rock.
- What would your super-power be? Time Travel
- Favorite song/artist? NO way, the list is just too enormous. I love music, although I have not really gotten into Country or BlueGrass. Other than that the list is endless.
- What was your favorite book as a child? Are You There God, It’s Me Margaret? - Judy Blume
- What are you reading right now? Game of Thrones, (second book)
- What song were you listening to last? My Sharona - The Knack
- Where is your computer right now? on my lap
- Where do you get your ideas for your posts? My life and current events pertaining to my life
And here are the 11 Nominee’s
- http://4godssakeboys.com/ My Four Boys
- http://ilovemykidsgofigure.blogspot.com/ I Love My Kids, Go Figure
- http://amydenby.wordpress.com/ Crazy Life, SImply Explained: Dear Babies
- http://www.momaical.com/ Momaical
- http://www.angrivated.com/ Angrivated (by The Hubs of PIWTPITT Fame)
- http://www.peopleiwanttopunchinthethroat.com/ People I Want To Punch In The Throat.
- http://mommysdownsizing.blogspot.com/ Mommy’s Downsizing ...The next 4 are ones that I enjoy reading, however are more on the serious side and not everyone’s cup of tea. I can’t see any of them doing the followup to this Leibster Award, but they deserve a shout-out, none the less.
- http://bilgrimage.blogspot.com/ Bilgrimage
- http://enlightenedcatholicism-colkoch.blogspot.com/ Enlightened Catholicism
- http://the21stcenturyamericancatholic.blogspot.com/ The 21st Century American Catholic
- http://catholics4change.com/ Catholics 4 Change
Finally here are my 11 Questions for the Nominee’s
- What color are your eyes?
- At what age did you first ride a 2 wheeler?
- What is your favorite song to dance to?
- What time is it, right now?
- What book(s) are you currently reading? ................(Yes, these next ones are from Inside the Actors Studio and Bernard Piviot)
- What is your favorite curse word?
- What sound or noise do you love?
- What sound or noise to you hate?
- What turns you on?
- What is your favorite word?
- If you believe in God, what would you want God to say to you when you arrive in Heaven?
So there you have it. I won my first award and I have passed it on. Enjoy and read those blogs I mention above. I would also like to mention a couple of other blogs that are amazing but are on a bit of a hiatus right now,